This 5-week facilitated course is targeted to community workers looking to create new youth services or improve existing ones.
Participants learn about:
- Settlement challenges faced by immigrant and refugee youth in Ontario
- Steps to address challenges identified and to make youth settlement services more effective
- The Inclusion Model for Sports and Recreational Programming
- Good Practice Criteria and Attributes of an Effective Newcomer Youth program
Successful participants commit approximately 2-3 hours of learning each week.
- Facilitator: Jenni Bolton
This self-directed online course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools to assist you in increasing the capacity among immigrant and refugee youth as a means of building an inclusive Canadian society and contribute to the prevention of crime. This course has not been updated in the past 2 - 5 years