ONTARIO COUNCIL OF AGENCIES SERVING IMMIGRANTS
is pleased to announce our e-learning training course
Training for Settlement Workers
COURSE: October 1 – November 4, 2019
The purpose of this FREE 5-week online facilitated introductory-
Upon completion of the training, you will be able to:
1. Understand the process of employment-related Information and Referral.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of some of the employment challenges and barriers faced by immigrants and refugees in Ontario.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of some of the possible solutions to these challenges and barriers.
4. Know where to go to seek information on employment-related programs and services
5. Know how to better assess and make employment-related referrals.
6. Know how and where to seek additional labour market information.
Although prior e-learning experience is not required, it will be an asset. You will need access to a computer for this training as well as 2-3 hours per week to complete the tasks over the 5-week period.
You will be required to complete the following:
1. Each of the 5 modules at any time within its scheduled week
2. All activities, including quizzes and assignments
3. Participation in the online forum
4. Pre and post surveys
At the successful completion of the entire e-course, you will receive a certification of completion from OCASI.
You will receive instructions on how to access the course materials two days before the course begins.
There is no “live” component to the training and you are expected to review and complete each week’s course materials at your own pace. While you can access each module at your convenience during each week for the course, they will be available as follows:
Facilitated TESS course:
Module 1: October 1 – October 7, 2019
Module 2: October 8 – October 14, 2019
Module 3: October 15 – October 21, 2019
Module 4: October 22 – October 28, 2019
Module 5: October 29 – November 4, 2019
To Register for the Training: Click Here
Please note: Course registration closes on September 26 at 5:00pm.
Spaces are limited. Enrol early!
Course facilitator: Emily Mooney is a trained facilitator, ESL teacher, researcher, writer, and registered social worker who has developed and facilitated several of OCASI's online courses. She came to Canada from the United States in 1992, and has worked in support of immigrants and refugees since 2002. Board secretary of the Urban Alliance on Race Relations, Emily is a prolific longtime knitter and new quilter, and is proud to be raising a feminist, anti-racist 12-year-old daughter.
For more information on the course, contact Emily Mooney – email@example.com
OCASI’s Employment Services online training series is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).