OCASI Learn At Work
To return to course click the back button
- A computer running a current operating system that supports recent browsers.
- Access to the Internet. DSL or Broadband access is recommended.
- An up-to-date browser with Cookies enabled. See Browsers & Settings for specific web browser compatibility information.
- Anti-virus software with current updates.
- Word processing software is needed to complete and submit some assignments.
- Some courses will require specific software, hardware, plugins or applications.
Basic Computer Skills Needed:
- Saving and finding files and folders on a computer.
- Copying/cutting and pasting text.
- Using a word processing application, such as Microsoft Word.
- Attaching and uploading documents and assignments.
- Sending and receiving email.
- Using a supported web browser to access your course and other online resources on the Web.
Browsers and Settings
What is a Browser?
A web browser is software that allows you to access websites and resources on the World Wide Web. Common browsers are Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. LearnatWork is compatible with most current browsers.
It is highly recommended that you are using a current version of at least one (but recommended 2) supported browsers on your computer/device. To check the version of your browser or to download an additional browser, see WhatBrowser.org
The following browsers are generally compatible with LearnatWork.
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer may cause problems with file downloads, running errors, assignment completion,levels of interactivity using discussion board forums, and creating and editing content.
- Older versions of Firefox may not display all PDFs or videos properly. We recommend that you use the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Opera does not show built-in html editor (WYSIWYG).
- Safari does not show built-in html editor (WYSIWYG).
For Learnatwork to work properly, we recommend the following updates and settings since some of the courses use pop-up windows, therefore you will need to disable pop-up blockers in your browser or toolbar. To make these updates in;
- Firefox go to your navigation bar and click on Tools/Options or in IE go to Tools/Internet Options.
- Safari click the Apple Menu/Software Update to update Java, to enable Cookies select Preferences/Privacy and for Pop-ups select Safari.
For optimal performance, we recommend you select the following settings:
- Pop-ups: enabled
- Cookies: enabled
- Screen Refresh: set your browser to refresh on each visit to this site
Alert: Internet Explorer Security
When using Internet Explorer to access Learnatwork, some users may get a pop-up message that says, “This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the non secure items” every time they click on a link. To stop this message from appearing, use the following steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click on Tools and select Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on Custom Level
- Scroll down to the section called Miscellaneous and change the setting called Display Mixed Content to Enable
- Click OK.
Learnatwork on Mobile Devices
Accessing your course using an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android device does not require the use of any special app. Learnatwork courses will automatically display properly using your mobile device’s standard Web browser app. Once loaded, your course content will respond to your device’s display dimensions without the need for using a special app